Do you eat, sleep and breathe wine, fabulous food, elevated travel and exceptional culinary events and experiences?
This calendar roundup of curated wine events is just for you. Here, you’ll find culinary fests all over the country—and some international events, too—plus bonus resources to assist those interested in professional opportunities or ways to step up their wine knowledge. Dive in below!
October 22, 2022— Austrian Sparkling Sekt Day (October 22nd annually)
October 27, 2022 — Carignan Day (last Thursday of October annually)
October 28, 2022 — Global Champagne Day (Celebrated on the 4th Friday in October every year)
WINE + FOOD EVENTS
October 19-23, 2022 — BayHaven Food & Wine Festival (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- ATTEND FOR: It’s absolutely thrilling to see so much Black talent in the food, beverage, and hospitality space being prominently featured at this event. At this event, you’ll find a celebration of Black foodways and highlights including a rooftop sunset “Friends of James Beard” dinner and a 6-course seafood & oyster dinner with wine pairings.
October 20-22, 2022 — Wine Spectator’s New York Wine Experience (NYC)
- ATTEND FOR: Everything a wine lover’s palate could want—tastings featuring 200+ wines rated 90 points or higher by Wine Spectator magazine, wine luncheons, incredible seminars, and a food and wine pairing challenge.
October 20-23, 2022 — Kohler Food & Wine (Kohler, Wisconsin)
- ATTEND FOR: The 5-star resort hotel will welcome several celebrity judges and high-profile wineries from around the U.S. as part of a fantastic weekend of premier wine activations and events. Kohler is one hour north of Milwaukee, one hour south of Green Bay, and two hours north of Chicago.
October 21-November 6, 2022 — Hawaii Food & Wine Festival (Island of Hawaii)
- ATTEND FOR: Spectacular beaches, dinners with a backdrop of the sunset over the ocean, and an abundant amount of food and wine. One of the featured events is “On Cloud Wine”—described as how to “travel the world of wine without ever leaving Oahu at this oenophile’s dream…”Note: Hawaii Food & Wine Fest is happening in three different locations over the two-week period it’s being held. Maui’s events are October 21-23; the big Island of Hawaii’s are October 28-29; and Oahu is from November 3-6.
October 22, 2022 — USA TODAY’s Wine & Food Experience Tour (Tampa, Florida)
- ATTEND FOR: A tour of Tampa’s local culinary scene, including a grand tasting, cooking demonstrations, and seminars, plus VIP attendees will have perks such as early admittance to the event and a private VIP lounge.*See below for remaining 2022 tour stops including 11/5 in Scottsdale, AZ; 11/12 in Ventura, CA; and 11/19 in Palm Springs, CA.
October 27, 2022 — Wade Cellars’ When We Gather (Oakland, California)
- ATTEND FOR: A chance to experience a dinner curated by chef-owner Nelson German, who was a season 18 Top Chef contestant, with paired wines from Wade Cellars, of course. *See below for another “When We Gather” event on 12/2 in Miami Beach, Florida.
November 1, 2022 — International Xinomavro Day
November 7, 2022 — International Merlot Day (November 7th annually)
November 10, 2022 — International Tempranillo Day (2nd Thursday of November annually)
November 17, 2022 — Beaujolais Nouveau Day (3rd Thursday in November every year)
November 17, 2022 — Zinfandel Day (November 17th annually)
November 24, 2022 – International Carménère Day (November 24th annually)
WINE + FOOD EVENTS
November 3-5, 2022 — Big Sur Food & Wine Festival (Big Sur, California)
- ATTEND FOR: Enchanting event settings and backdrops under redwood trees and overlooking the coastline. Wine lovers will be fully indulged with events such as “Bubbles & Brushes in the Redwoods,” “Pinot Walkabout,” “Wine & Swine,” and the “Sommelier Dinner.”
November 3-5, 2022 — La Fête du Champagne (Los Angeles)
- ATTEND FOR: The bubbles—this one’s for the champagne obsessed. Access to a truly generous number of producers from all over the Champagne region makes attending the Grand Tasting a blast. Another highlight is the “Apéro Au Champagne” kick-off featuring all large-format bottles, bites, and a DJ on the rooftop of the La Peer Hotel.
November 5, 2022 — *USA TODAY’s Wine & Food Experience Tour (Scottsdale, Arizona)
November 7-13, 2022 — New York Champagne Week (NYC)
- ATTEND FOR: Truly unique activations and sensory experiences such as the “Champagne Punch Drunk Love” competition where nine top NYC bartenders compete to create “innovative champagne punches” using G.H. Mumm Champagne and a spirit, with the winner receiving a $500 cash prize. So fun!
November 11-13, 2022 — Boulder Burgundy Festival (Boulder, Colorado)
- ATTEND FOR: Full-bodied, elegant red wines. Events include a sustainability seminar, wine luncheons and dinners, educational seminars, and a grand tasting.
November 12, 2022 — CabFest (San Francisco)
- ATTEND FOR: Indulging in all things Cab Sauv! The event features 4-course winemakers dinners and an “all-inclusive” grand tasting where guests should expect to sample vino from more than 30 producers. For those who really want to go all out, there’s a “Couples Package” that includes a one-night luxury hotel room and exclusive entry to the weekend’s festivities.*This year, Eat. Learn. Play is CabFest’s charity partner!
November 12, 2022 — *USA TODAY’s Wine & Food Experience Tour (Ventura, California)
November 19, 2022 —*USA TODAY’s Wine & Food Experience Tour (Palm Springs, California)
December 4, 2022 — Cabernet Franc Day (every December 4th annually)
December 10, 2022 — International Tokaj Aszu Day (December 10th annually)
December 16, 2022 — Pinot Meunier Day
WINE + FOOD EVENTS
December 2, 2022 — *Wade Cellars’ When We Gather (Miami Beach, Florida)
- Missed the tour stop in Oakland? Don’t fret, because the surf and sand of Miami beckons you for the next tour stop! Hosted at restaurant Grown with Chef Richard Ingraham at the helm—who just so happens to also be the personal chef for Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union—this is sure to be a wine and food affair for the books!
December 3, 2022— 3 Strands Wine Festival (Shreveport, Louisiana)
- ATTEND FOR: A combination of the spirit of Christmas and wine. This is the inaugural year for this festival and it will feature over 100 wines sourced all over the country as well as locally.
December 3-4, 2022 — Cocoa Beach Uncorked (Cocoa Beach, Florida)
- ATTEND FOR: A chance to experience great wine on Cocoa Beach. Guests have the option of a General Admission or VIP Grand Tasting experience.
December 8-11, 2022 — Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival (Palm Beach, Florida)
- ATTEND FOR: The fun and inventive programming, which includes “Wine Tasting with a Master Sommelier,” “Bubbles & Bites” with a soundtrack of late 70s and early 80s soft rock, and a cool and traditional, yet elevated, Shabbat dinner.
EDUCATIONAL & SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Domaine Carneros 2023 Mentorship Position is a “partnership with the amazing, female-led team at Domaine Carneros. This second year comes with more in-built resources, mentorship guidance via our internal team as well as at Domaine Carneros, quarterly check-ins, educational resources, financial assistance and more!” Application Deadline: November 4, 2022. Apply here.