Packed with nutrients,–including fiber, healthy fats and Vitamin E–avocados are a great way to start your day.
One of the beauties of avocado toast is having fun with flavor combinations, and the possibilities are endless. We like to think of the composition as pulling from a few key categories: Avocado (sliced or smashed), Bread, Spread, Sauce, Cheese, Proteins and Garnish/Fresh Veggies. Pick your favorite ingredients from each category and layer on the flavor.
As seen in the pages of the Summer 2021 issue of Sweet July Magazine
Build-Your-Own Avocado Toast
Smashed with parsley and garlic
GARNISH AND VEGGIES
Thinly sliced cucumber
Picked red onion
Sliced sweet onion
Everything bagel seasoning
- Toasted sourdough with vegan mayo and sliced avocado, topped with flaky salt and everything bagel seasoning.
- Bread of choice, fried egg, smashed parsley, garlic, avocado, sriracha and chives.
Some Like It Hot
- Grilled sliced white bread, tomato, sliced avocado, spicy mayo (sriracha + mayo), flaky salt and some scallions.
It’s a Smash
- Toasted English muffin, mayonnaise, melted Gruyére, bacon, smashed avocado and Dijon mustard.
- Toasted rye bread, cream cheese, smoked salmon, cucumber, sliced avocado and pickled red onion.