Cozy fall flavors combine in this delightful yet simple tart.
This recipe calls for seasonal fruit (swap in what you can find!) and a store-bought phyllo dough for an easy and delicious sweet treat. Pair it with your favorite ice cream for a satisfying dessert or serve it as a standalone breakfast.
Will Coleman's Whiskey Pear and Apple Tart
2 cups sliced apples (about 1 large apple)
2 cups sliced pears (about 1-2 large pears)
1 oz whiskey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
½ cup light brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1- 1lb package phyllo dough, defrosted
¼ cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, combine sliced apples and pears, whiskey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ¼ cup brown sugar, and lemon juice. Toss together until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Place the defrosted phyllo dough on a large baking sheet. Evenly brush the phyllo dough with melted butter.
- Arrange the seasoned fruit onto the dough into an even layer.
- Pour the remaining liquid from the fruit onto the tart and evenly top with the remaining brown sugar.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the tart is crispy around the edges and the sliced fruit is tender.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 to 20 before slicing.