A fresh take on a viral sensation!
“Marry Me Chicken” has captivated the internet—and it’s inspired Sweet July resident Alex Hill to create a special version of her own, which incorporates chicken bouillon, Dijon mustard and white wine for additional flavor. Get the recipe below!
Alex Hill's 'Marry Me' Chicken
4 pieces, bone in & skin on chicken thighs
1 teaspoon each of kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder & smoked paprika
1 small shallot, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon better than bouillon roasted chicken
¼ cup sundried tomatoes
¼ cup parmesan reggiano cheese
1 teaspoon herb de provence
2 tablespoons EVOO
Basil for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry with toilet paper so the skin is dry. Season chicken with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and onion & garlic powder. Let chicken marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Add two tablespoons of EVOO to a cast iron on medium high heat. Add chicken skin side down and let sear for 4 minutes to get color & crispy skin. Remove and set aside, you are not cooking the chicken fully.
- Add minced garlic and shallots. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add herbs de Provence, Dijon mustard and better than bouillon. Stir to combine.
- Add sundried tomatoes.
- Add white wine and let alcohol cook down for 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Taste for seasonings like more salt. Add chicken back in and let cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with basil. Serve over rice, potatoes or pasta!