Good mango salsa atop grilled chicken: A perfect match.
A simple grilled chicken dish is upgraded with juicy mango corn salsa. The combination of herbaceous cilantro and fresh jalapeño really gives this a kick. The honey balances the heat.
Grilled Chicken with Mango Corn Salsa
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 ear sweet corn, shucked
1 large mango, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 shallot, diced
1 tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lime
Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to high.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, jalapeno and shallot. Drizzle with the honey, lime juice, and add a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Oil the grill well so nothing sticks. Grill the chicken thighs and corn until fully cooked, about 8 minutes turning once.
- Once the corn has cooled, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cob. Add corn and cilantro to the salsa mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken topped generously with mango salsa and lime wedges if desired. Pair with rice, greens, or grilled tortillas to make delicious grilled tacos.