Make the most of summer’s last days with a salad worthy of any occasion!
Charlotte Smythe's End-Of-Summer Grilled Peach Salad
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail removed
1 tsp harissa seasoning
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 yellow peaches
1 tbsp melted ghee
6-ounce bag baby spinach
1 small bunch dinosaur kale, chopped
1 avocado, cut into cubes
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
3-4 tbsp crumbled feta
FOR THE DRESSING
1 tsp yellow or Dijon mustard
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of half a large lemon
1 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper
- To begin, make the dressing. Add the first 5 ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking. Set the dressing aside for later.
- Then, cut each shrimp in half to make bite size pieces. Season the shrimp with the harissa, avocado oil, a couple pinches of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Half the peaches and remove the pit. Slice each half into 4-5 pieces. Now, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush the pan with half of the ghee. Gently place the peach slices in the pan, one of the cut sides down. Grill for 2 minutes. Brush the other side of the peaches with the remaining ghee and flip. Grill for another 1-2 minutes and remove the peaches from the pan and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the same grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Now, assemble the salad. Scatter the spinach and kale on a large serving dish. Drizzle half the dressing over the greens and toss to coat. Then scatter the rest of the ingredients on top (avocado pieces, peaches, shrimp, walnuts and feta crumbles). Place the remaining dressing on the side and serve the salad as a starter or serve it alongside crusty bread as a full meal.