Daunted by a whole turkey? We’ve got you!
Rubbed with a mixture of butter, herbs and spices, these turkey breasts are mouthwateringly delicious. Opt for bone-in, skin-on half turkey breasts to ensure your meat stays moist and juicy.
Chilli-Butter Roasted Turkey Breasts
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) bone-in, skin-on half turkey breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mash butter, harissa, chili powder, mustard and garlic powder in a small bowl with a spoon until mixture is smooth and blended.
- Place turkey breast halves on prepared baking sheet. Starting at neck end, loosen and lift skin from breasts by inserting fingers and gently pushing between skin and meat (do not detach skin). Rub 1 tablespoon butter mixture and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary and thyme under skin of each turkey breast half. Rub the remaining butter mixture evenly all over skin, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of breasts registers 165°, 55 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes. After 40 minutes, if skin seems to be getting too dark, place a piece of aluminum foil on top of breasts. Transfer turkey breast halves to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes. Carve turkey, and transfer to a platter.