Tons of flavor packed into one tiny package, we can’t get enough of these Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls.
To make this recipe fast and effortless, we use ground chicken, which we load up with spice by way of wet and dry Jamaican jerk seasoning. As with all good egg rolls, an equally delicious dipping sauce is a requirement—and this one is SO good. We combine some of our favorite flavors: fresh honey mango and sweet chili sauce, for a sweet and citrusy combination that pairs great with the spice in the egg roll. Great as a light bite for a party or game-day snack, but can also be a full meal with a side of coconut rice and a simple slaw.
Easy Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls with Mango Sweet Chili Sauce
1 lb ground chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
Canola oil for frying
9 egg roll wrappers
1 cup cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp ginger, grated
1/2 tbsp wet Jamaican jerk seasoning (we like Grace’s)
1 tbsp of dry Jamaican jerk seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
For Honey Mango Sweet Chili Sauce
1/2 cup diced honey mango
2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce (we like Mae Ploy)
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp of lime juice
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Follow with ground chicken. Break up and season with salt, pepper, and dry and wet jerk seasonings. Cook until lightly browned. Add in carrot and cabbage and allow to wilt for 1-2 minutes before removing from heat. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat 2-inches of oil in a 4-quart saucepan. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels to drain egg rolls.
- To assemble egg rolls: Place the wrapper on a cutting board and fill the center with 1/4 cup of mixture. Lift the bottom corner to cover the filling and tuck in the mixture. Fold sides towards the center. Dampen the top of the wrapper with water and roll to seal. Transfer to a plate or platter, and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Fry in batches and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on towels and serve hot with dipping sauce.
- For Honey Mango Sweet Chili Sauce: In a blender, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth. Serve immediately.