The star of our Mother’s Day menu or any menu: Grilled Lemony Shrimp Skewers.
We love shrimp because they cook fast and are easily infused with other delicious flavors. Here, we’ve created a citrus marinade that has tons of depth by way of garlic, shallot and thyme. The addition of lemon makes for a beautiful presentation but also helps to keep the shrimp nice and juicy. We love the char you get from grilling, but searing in a large non-stick skillet will work just as well. We recommend two skewers per person, and serving on the skewer for a nice presentation.
Grilled Lemony Shrimp Skewers
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
2 sprigs thyme
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Wooden skewers, soaked
Chives, sliced (for garnish)
- Add the wooden skewers to a bowl of water so that they’re completely submerged.
- Add oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, shallot and thyme in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake until incorporated. Carefully add shrimp and shake to coat. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from the water and pat them dry with a towel. Begin assembling the skewers, alternating between shrimp and lemon slice. Make sure to skewer the shrimp all the same way so that the skewers lay flat. Once assembled, lightly season each skewer with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque. Serve immediately with a pinch of flaky sea salt and chopped chives.