This tasty mocktail has all the classic ingredients of the holidays.
Elevate your next holiday gathering with this recipe that’s guaranteed to be a hit. Rich flavors of cardamom, clove and cinnamon combine with citrus for a well-balanced drink.
Smoky Citrus Cider
1 tbsp whole clove
1 tbsp cardamom pods
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp star anise
1 large orange peel
1 large lemon peel
4 cups apple cider
- Add all ingredients to a saucepot and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to the lowest temperature and let steep for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Prepare the mugs by dipping the rim in water and then in a mixture of cinnamon-sugar.
- Strain and ladle cider into cinnamon-sugar rimmed mugs.
- To add a smoky taste, place cider under a cloche filled with smoke for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist.