We love a good make-ahead salad.
Especially when it’s one we’ll look forward to eating, like our Turkey, Lettuce and Tomato Salad with Lemony Feta Dressing. Layer these up in individual servings and eat it through the week. The star of the show is the Lemony Feta Dressing that you’ll want to drizzle on everything. Customize with whatever substitutions work for you; cubed chicken works great in place of the turkey, or remove the meat entirely and throw in some chickpeas or black beans for extra protein.
Turkey, Lettuce & Tomato Salad with Lemony Feta Dressing
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups toawted sourdough bread cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
LEMONY FETA DRESSING
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Lemony Feta Dressing: Place all ingredients in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid; seal and shake until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
- Turkey, Lettuce and Tomato Salad: Layer lettuce, turkey, bread cubes, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl or on a large serving platter. Drizzle with Lemony Feta Dressing. Serve immediately. (Or layer all ingredients in a jar for a make-ahead meal, and store in the fridge).