A Halloween-inspired take on pigs in a blanket, these Mummy Dogs are as delicious as they are adorable.
This recipe is extremely customizable: Sub in chicken, turkey or veggie dogs for lighter versions. For a fun bite-sized appetizer, make mini mummy dogs using cocktail sausages. Serve these up with an assortment of condiments for dipping and…that’s a wrap (*groan*) on this fun and festive dish.
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 package crescent roll sheets
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 12 candy googly eyes, optional
- Ketchup and pickle relish, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it lightly with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Wipe any moisture off of the hot dogs.
- Roll out the crescent dough and cut into ½ inch strips using a knife or pizza cutter. Starting at one end, wrap each strip around the hot dog, pressing the end against another piece of dough to seal. Continue until all the hot dogs are wrapped.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Place two dots of mustard on the hot dog and add the candy eyes. Serve warm with ketchup and relish on the side for dipping.