S’mores without a campfire? Sign us up! We’ve tweaked this camping treat into a decadent bread pudding that you can make in your own kitchen.
Graham crackers, melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows: the trio that reminds you of those nights around a campfire. But sometimes, an open flame to make this treat isn’t feasible. Cue this s’mores bread pudding. Broiling the marshmallow on top at the last minute gives you a perfect toasty char—you won’t miss the fire!
S’mores Bread Pudding
1 1/2 cups dairy-free heavy cream
1 cup extra creamy oat milk
4 large eggs
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
340 g croissants (about 5-6 large croissants)
1/4 cup graham cracker, broken into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate bar, broken into bite-size pieces
6 large marshmallows, split in half lengthwise
Dairy-free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. In a separate bowl, tear the croissants into small, bite-size pieces. Add the croissant pieces to the custard mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the graham cracker pieces and chocolate. Let the mixture soak for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a 12-well muffin pan by spraying each well with a neutral oil cooking spray. Add a strip of parchment paper to each well, allowing the strip to hang out on each side. Divide the bread pudding mixture evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer registers an internal temperature of 160/170°. Remove the pan from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Carefully place a marshmallow half atop each bread pudding. Place the pan back in the oven and allow the tops to brown for minutes. Keep a close eye on it! Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bread puddings to set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with a scoop of ice cream topped with graham cracker crumbs and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.