These mini desserts are the perfect dinner party treat!
This festive dessert is a delicious combination of sweet, creamy and crunchy. And one of the best parts of these cheesecake bites is that everyone gets their own miniature treat—or a few.
Pro tip: If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, just use vanilla extract as a substitute!
Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake Bites
Start to finish: 3 hours 15 minutes Serves 12 people
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bottled caramel sauce (such as Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 cup cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and ½ cup brown sugar on medium until smooth, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low, then beat in vanilla bean paste and eggs until just combined, about 30 seconds.
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a medium bowl until combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cracker crumb mixture into each baking cup, and press on the bottom in an even layer. Spoon cream cheese mixture into baking cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake until cheesecake filling is set, about 15 minutes. Let cheesecake bites cool in pan for 45 minutes; top evenly with caramel sauce and chopped pecans. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.