Coming to you with another brunch staple to add in rotation!
Bringing thick pancakes and creamy crepes together to create the best of both worlds. Pairing these warm bites of heaven with a sweet citrus glaze and fresh berries will transport you to Summer days.
Pancrepes with Citrus Glaze
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp grated grapefruit zest (optional), plus 2 tablespoons fresh juice (from 1 grapefruit), divided
- 2 tbsp unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk
- Fresh fruit of choice
- Chopped nuts of choice
- Prepare the pancrepes: Preheat oven to 175°. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add coconut milk, oil, syrup, vanilla, lemon zest and salt. Gradually whisk in flour until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium. Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet, and quickly tilt skillet in all directions until batter forms a 5-inch round. Cook until top is set and edges look dry, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes. Transfer pancrepe to a baking sheet and place in preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Prepare the glaze: Whisk together sugar, grapefruit juice, coconut milk and, if using, grapefruit zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Serve glaze over warm pancrepes. If desired, top with fresh fruit and nuts.