Ayesha loves this Mediterranean Grain Bowl for a quick and nutritious lunch.
The key to a good grain bowl is a mixture of textures and flavors to make the perfect bite, and we love this mix of Mediterranean ingredients. In the need for more protein? Add a piece of fish like salmon or halibut, a grilled chicken breast, or some sautéed shrimp drizzled with lemon. We recommend preparing the bowl ingredients and the dressing and storing them separately so it’s ready to grab and go throughout the week.
Mediterranean Grain Bowl
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup brown rice, bulgur, quinoa or farro
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced
RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, add the honey, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and grated garlic. Whisk to combine, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while still whisking. Once incorporated, stir in the dill and shallot—season with salt and pepper to taste. Eat right away or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Make the Grain Bowl: In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber and baby arugula. Add dressing and toss until all vegetables are well coated. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve immediately.