A medley of delicious veggies and a creamy aioli all in one bite.
These Veggie Wraps with Herby Aioli are a healthy and equally delicious lunch option—and can be prepped in advance to make the week easier. If you’d prefer to make this for breakfast, try adding scrambled eggs and hash browns to the mix of vegetables for a hearty and satisfying morning meal.
Veggie Wraps with Herby Aioli
- VEGETABLE MIXTURE
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion (from 1 medium onion)
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small orange bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh cremini mushrooms (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2-3 tbsp liquid aminos seasoning or soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp harissa seasoning powder
- HERBY AIOLI
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise or mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Hash browns, optional
- Scrambled eggs, optional
- Prepare the vegetable mixture: Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften, about 1 minute. Add bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add liquid aminos, honey, paprika, oregano and harissa; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and liquid is mostly evaporated, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in additional liquid aminos to taste.
- Prepare the aioli: Stir together mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, cumin and salt in a bowl. Gently fold in chives.
- Divide vegetable mixture among warm tortillas. If desired, top with hash browns and scrambled eggs. Roll up each tortilla like a burrito, folding in 2 sides and rolling it up from the bottom. Serve with aioli for dipping.